Frequently Asked Questions
How do I keep my coffee fresh?
To enjoy the outstanding quality of our coffee at home we make the following
suggestions for maximum freshness:
- Purchase whole beans and grind them just before brewing
- Buy only enough beans to last for about a week
- Keep your coffee in an airtight container or in the Orinoco foil bag and store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Don’t refrigerate or freeze. Contrary to popular belief, freezing or refrigerating does not extend shelf life. These means of storage actually expose the coffee to odor contamination and condensation.
What is the best way to brew coffee?
To brew the best possible cup of coffee we recommend the following:
- Use about two tablespoons of freshly ground coffee per cup. Adjust the amount of coffee to suit your taste.
- Always start with fresh cold water. Filtered or bottled water produces the best results.
- Brew directly into a thermal carafe or transfer into a thermal carafe once the brew cycle is complete. The quality of brewed coffee resting on a burner deteriorates very quickly.
- Now for the best part: pour the coffee into your favorite cup or mug, take a seat in a comfortable chair with your morning paper and enjoy this wonderful brew.
How long will it take to receive my order?
We roast all coffee to order, so that it is as fresh as possible when you receive it. All orders are processed and shipped out within two business days. Orders received after 5:00pm will not be processed until the following business day. Delivery time once product has been shipped will vary depending on your location as we ship via UPS from our roasting facility in Columbia, MD.
Where can I buy your coffee in stores?
Love the coffee, but can’t wait for shipping? If you would like to know where you can purchase our coffee in stores, please give us a call at (800) 773-0750 and we will let you know if there are any retail stores in your area.